What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of time, including through your use of our website or when you contact or request information from us, or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending events
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of the online donation process
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our partners or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How and when we collect information about you
Demoucelle Parkinson Charity may collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
a. When you give it to us DIRECTLY
You may give us your personal data directly when you make a donation, sign up for one of our events, or when you communicate with us
b. When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
You may give us your information indirectly when you sign up to events such as the 20 km of Brussels, or contribute to Demoucelle Parkinson Charity via our fundraising site I-Raiser. This independent third party will pass your data to Demoucelle Parkinson Charity where you have indicated that you wish to support Demoucelle Parkinson Charity and have given your consent or it is a necessary part of completing a contract with you.
Sometimes your personal data is collected by an organisation working on our behalf (for example a professional fundraising agency) but as they are acting on our behalf we are the “data controller” and responsible for the security and proper processing of that data.
c. When you access Demoucelle Parkinson Social Media
We might also obtain your personal data through your use of social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, or LinkedIn, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
d. When the information is publicly available
We might also obtain personal data about individuals who may be interested in giving major gifts to charities or organisations like Demoucelle Parkinson Charity. In this scenario, Demoucelle Parkinson Charity may seek to find out more about these individuals, their interests and motivations for giving through publicly available information. This information may include newspaper or other media coverage, open postings on social media sites. Demoucelle Parkinson Charity will not retain publicly available data relating to major donors without their consent, which will be sought at the earliest practical opportunity.
What information might Demoucelle Parkinson Charity collect about you?
We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you have with We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you have with Demoucelle Parkinson Charity.
For example, when you contact Demoucelle Parkinson Charity to make a donation, purchase an item online, support our “Tag your Bag” gift aid scheme, take a campaign action, or sign up to any of Demoucelle Parkinson Charity’s activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, or message boards, or you telephone, email, write to or text Demoucelle Parkinson Charity, or engage with Demoucelle Parkinson Charity via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into with details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about our supporters, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so – such as participation in the 20km of Brussels or a similar fundraising event where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in the event. Clear notices will be provided on application forms for such events so that it is clear what information we need and why we need it.
All sensitive personal data is stored on a secure database, to which only a limited number of relevant staff have access. It is deleted when no longer relevant, is never shared with third parties, and is available to you at any point should you wish to see it.
For example, when you contact Demoucelle Parkinson Charity to make a donation, take a campaign action, or sign up to any of Demoucelle Parkinson Charity’s activities or online content, such as newsletters, or you telephone, email, write to or text to Demoucelle Parkinson Charity or engage with Demoucelle Parkinson Charity via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into with details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim a tax exemption form.
How Demoucelle Parkinson Charity will use your personal data?
Demoucelle Parkinson Charity will use your personal information for the following purposes:
a. For administrative reasons, including:
“service administration”, which means that Demoucelle Parkinson Charity may contact you for reasons related to administering any donations you have made, your tax status with regard to the tax exemption if claimed, the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with Demoucelle Parkinson Charity or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
· to confirm receipt of donations (unless you have asked us not to do this), and to say thank you and provide details of how your donation might be used
· in relation to correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, or any other means, and to contact you about any content you provide;
· for internal record keeping so as to keep a record of your relationship with us;
· to keep your data up to date
· to implement any instructions you give us with regard to withdrawing consent to send marketing information
· to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries.
c. For marketing and fundraising reasons
d. For market research
· to invite you to participate in surveys or research about Demoucelle Parkinson Charity or our work (participation is always voluntary);
· to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Demoucelle Parkinson Charity website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Demoucelle Parkinson Charity’s processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us to info@demoucelle Parkinson Charity.