Storytelling is a very effective means to inspire people, and you too can learn it by adopting the right mindset, choosing the right topics, and using the techniques explained in the book.
- Storytelling is extremely powerful: stories are one of the most effective ways to build connection with listeners, to move and inspire them for the better, to build collective passion and to shape/strengthen (company) cultures
- Everybody has stories to tell: defining moments, personal ‘life lessons’, anecdotes of ‘improving the lives of others’, personal passions
- Most stories share the same guiding principles: a relatable hero who overcomes a struggle – and a lesson learned.
- “Struggle is part of nature, which is why we find stories of adversity nearly impossible to ignore”
- “You cannot reach a person’s head without first touching their heart, and the path to the heart runs through the brain, starting with the amygdala”
- “In a world where people are bombarded by choices, the story is often the deciding factor in whom we decide to do business with”
- “Even the most gifted communicators don’t get it right the first time”
- “Audiences need to build a relationship with a character they like, and whose struggle they recognize, otherwise they don’t care about the resolution”
- “A good story has heroes and villains, surprising turning points, and in the end the hero saves the day”
- “Great storytellers make us uncomfortable. Hey catch our attention by breaking an expected pattern”
- “If they’re laughing, they’re listening”
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want guidance in Leadership.
You can find The Storyteller’s Secret on amazon and other online bookstores. Click on the image to shop:
TITLE: The Storyteller’s Secret
AUTHOR: Carmine Gallo
Carmine Gallo is a popular keynote speaker. She is the author of international bestsellers. She advises top international brands. The Huffington Post named her one of the top ten influence experts.
PUBLISHER: St Martin’s Press, 2016, 288 pages