When Parkinson’s Disease makes your body shake uncontrollably and then freeze unexpectedly, walking … let alone running … becomes a dangerous endurance ‘sport’! But Patrick Demoucelle and many other Parkinson’s patients are determined to cross the finish line of the Brussels 20k in May to help fund a cure for this degenerative condition affecting 40,000 people in Belgium. Come run … or walk .. beside them to beat Parkinson’s.
As part of the ‘Run for Parkinson’ team – which in past years has numbered as many as 500 runners – you’ll help to support vital medical research with your fundraising efforts and we’ll help you to achieve your own personal goal.
In addition to our fabulous ‘Run for Parkinson’ t-shirt, you’ll benefit from:
- weekly training tips from our running coach;
- an open invitation to join Sunday fitness sessions;
- an easy-to-use, personal online fundraising page that you can customise to raise awareness among your family, friends and colleagues
- a convenient place next to the start line to safely leave your belongings;
- a guided pre-run warm-up routine;
- the support and encouragement of your team mates and our volunteers;
- healthy snacks and drinks before and after the run;
- an even greater sense of accomplishment and pride.
All you need to do to join the ‘Run for Parkinson’ team is click the link below, pay 50 euros to register and set up your personal fundraising page. In just a few short minutes, you’ll be part of the team! And why not encourage others to join in too! The more the better!